Friday, November 11, 2011

30 Days of Thankful - Day 11

In every thing give thanks:  for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18



Today I am so thankful for those men and women who serve our country in the armed forces, and for those that served in the past.   They are underpaid and taken for granted.  Those in the field sometimes go without food, shelter and comfort to get the job done. They sacrifice time with their family to go to places that you and I will probably never see, all in the name of freedom.  They are the watchmen on the walls, sometimes giving the ultimate sacrifice of their very lives for my freedom.  I will forever be in their debt.

Somehow, thank you just doesn't seem an adequate expression.  But thank you to my sister who is still active duty Air Force.  And to my father who is retired Air Force.  Both served in harms way.  And thanks to all of you who served past and present.  You are the true heroes.



What are you thankful for today?




Cindy Sig 2

1 comment:

Alene said...

Yes. Yes. Yes. So thankful for our country and those who serve. As a retired military wife - something SO dear to my heart.