Sunday, March 8, 2009

Promotion

 On February 25th my parents and I flew to San Antonio to participate in my sister Sharon's promotion ceremony.  She has been in the Air Force for 21 years and was recently promoted to Colonel.  She asked me to give the invocation and my parents to change the rank on her shirt.





Her husband Bob and her stepson Conner and her boss Colonel Naomi Lawless changed the rank on her jacket Colonel (Ret.) Laura Alvarado  was the Presiding Official of the ceremony. 






Colonel Alvarado spoke on the importance of being a servant leader and how Sharon served those that worked for her. She spoke of Sharon's many accomplishments in her Air Force Career. Then Sharon spoke to us for the first time as a Colonel.  I cried through her speech too. She might be a Colonel, but she is still my little sister and I am so proud of her.





Sharon's husband Bob, our Dad and Mom, Sharon, Conner and me.






Congratulations Sharon!  I love and miss you.



Cindy Sig 2

5 comments:

Cathryn said...

Ms. Cindy, I've been a way for a while. Life can do that sometimes. It is good to be back and check in on you. First, your blog is looking very pretty. Second, your family is beautiful. And finally you have much to be proud of. Thank you, Cindy, for sharing this special time in your life. It helps me to get to know you a bit better. Love, Cathryn

Leah Adams said...

Congratulations, Sharon. I know you have worked so hard and you truly deserve this promotion.

You look great. Your hair has grown so much since I saw you. Give Bob and Connor my love.

Leah

Joyce said...

I just popped over to your blog from Latte Buddies. Thought I'd say hello. I've also been married 25 years (this June) and am just beginning the empty nest phase of life.

I did the Kelly Minter study this summer with a group and really liked it.

Your blog is pretty...have a great Monday!

Becky said...

What a blessing that your whole family got to celebrate together. It is so great that you and your parents could travel out for a visit to support her on this wonderful day!

Lora said...

Warm congratulations to Colonel Sharon! How sweet that she included her family in the ceremony. How precious to share such joys together as a family.

Your mother is quite lovely Cindy and her blue suit is stunning!