Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Perfect Gift

Today was a wonderful day. I spent a couple of hours wrapping Christmas gifts and listening to beautiful Christmas CD's by Travis Cottrell, Casting Crowns and Mandisa.

As I wrapped each gift, I said a prayer for the recipient. I enjoy picking out the perfect gift and then wrapping them in pretty paper and ribbons. As I wrapped, I thought about how much time and money we spend each year on buying the perfect gift. I began to ponder God's perfect gift to us, His Son Jesus. What if God had decided that we weren't worth saving? What if God hadn't sent Jesus to die in our place?

"For God so loved the world that he gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

God's perfect gift came to us as a "baby wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger". Luke 2:12





Life is Good,

Cindy

5 comments:

Leah Adams said...

I would certainly have decided that I was NOT worth saving. I'm so glad He saw me, not as I was or am, but as He would make me!!

Love you much,

Leah

Lora said...

I like saying a prayer over the gift recipient as you wrap them - may I steal that? Or I should say, may I share that? Stealing doesn't seem right, does it?! We did some shopping for extended family this weekend and I will wrap and pray later today!
And John 3:16 was my Memory Monday verse. I thought it would be easy; but I kept inserting words from the KJV and I was memorizing NASB!
Blessings!

Karen Hossink said...

I'm so glad God knew the Perfect Gift for each one of us!
And I love your idea of praying as you wrap the presents. I'll be borrowing that idea this year, if you don't mind. (Actually, I'll borrow it even if you DO mind. *grin*)

Cathryn said...

Cindy, You have such a way with words. I was blessed. And praying over the gifts ~ that is a gift itself. I think, since I haven't wrapped a single gift, will do that too. Cathryn

fuzzytop said...

Cindy - You're starting a trend! I too love the idea of saying a prayer as I wrap each gift.

Blessings,
Adrienne